SNAP Test for Symbiosis Postgraduate Programmes
Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) Test is a common and mandatory written test for the admission to all the Post-Graduate Programmes of Symbiosis International University.
However, it is only the first step. In addition, a candidate has to undergo the selection process of the desired Institute to qualify for the admission. A student aspiring to take higher studies at Symbiosis International University needs to do the following:-
Addressing the outstanding demand from the student community, SIU has started with effect from last year commence an additional test for non-MBA Courses as follows:
1) SIMC – MMC-(For Pune campus only)
2) SIG – M. Sc (Geoinformatics)
These tests would enable admission for students selecting the MMC course of SIMC (Pune) and for the M. Sc (Geoinformatics) course of SIG. However in addition to this candidates appearing for SNAP
Test are also eligible for SIMC – MMC-(For Pune campus only) and SIG – M. Sc (Geoinformatics). More details Log on to the SNAP test website link namely www.snaptest.org
For the candidates aspiring to take admission for M.Sc. (Biomedical), M.Sc. (Economics), M.Sc. (Medical Technology) and M.Tech. Programmes following is applicable:-
a. Discipline-specific test during GE/PI process for SNAP/GATE cleared candidates.
b. Aptitude and discipline-specific test before GE/PI, for candidates not appeared for SNAP.
Stage-1: SNAP Test
- Register online at www.snaptest.org
- Upload a latest scanned photograph of own at the time of SNAP Online Registration.
- Follow the instructions for payment for Test fee of Rs. 1550/- on above website.
- Any Changes in the online application form may be made only up to the closing date of Registration i.e., Friday, 23 November 2012. No change is permitted after this under any circumstances.
- All disputes between candidate and the Symbiosis Test Secretariat shall be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of Pune city and by Arbitrator only.
- Download and print “Admit Card” through the SNAP website.[www.snaptest.org] From Monday, December 03, 2012 till Sunday, 16 December 2012.
- Admit Card along with Photo Identity proof should be carried to the Test Centre at the time of test.
(Candidates should note that authenticated Admit Card is an important document without which the candidate will not be permitted to appear for further selection processes of the institutes. If Admit card is lost, no duplicate Admit Card will be issued. It should be preserved till admission process is over).
SNAP Score will remain valid for admission to all Post Graduate Programmes of Symbiosis International University for the academic year of 2013-14.
(Note: - SNAP Result will be available on the web site for 1 month from the date of Declaration of SNAP Result i.e. upto February 10, 2013.)
Stage-2: Submission of Application fee to the desired constituent institute of Symbiosis International University.
Back To Top
- Before applying to an institute a candidate must register for the SNAP 2012.
- Visit desired institute website for institute registration and institute application fees.
- Pay the fee of Rs.1000/- to each institute as Institute Application fee to the institute/s in which candidate seeking to take admission.
(The application fee for SICSR is Rs. 1000/- for each programme).
- The SNAP website allows a facility for online payment for application fee for many of its constituent PG institutes along with online payment of SNAP fee.
- Candidate can also make payment from the institute website.
- Candidate can apply for more than one institute.
Stage-3: Further selection process of the chosen institute.
- SNAP Score will be declared as a percentile to all candidates.
- Section wise percentage scores (as a percentage of the highest score in the section and not as a percentage of the maximum marks of the section) will be given to all candidates.
- Short listing for GE/PI will be based on SNAP percentile.
- The final merit score will be based only on SNAP percentile.
SNAP Question Paper will have questions pertaining to diverse areas- like Commerce, IT, Media, Social Sciences and Pure Sciences.
Back To Top
||180 marks scaled down to 40 marks
|Attributes as defined by respective Institutes
|Group Exercise (GE)
|Personal Interaction (PI)
Important to be follow !
Payment of Fees through Demand Draft / Cash.
At the time of filling online application form or while appearing for SNAP test, any attempt to impersonate or indulge in any other malpractice would automatically disqualify the candidate from admission processes to all post graduate programmes of Symbiosis International University and may also lead to any legal action deemed fit.
Back To Top
- The candidates those are paying through cash or DD, should ensure the following,
1. Symbiosis Copy of Axis Bank Challan for cash payment,
2. Demand Drafts and Payment Advice Form for Demand Draft payment.
[Demand draft should be of Rs. 1550/- from any Nationalize Bank in favor of, “Symbiosis Test Secretariat”, Payable at Pune.] Should reach to Symbiosis Test Secretariat by December 1, 2012
- International or NRI candidates are requested to check the eligibility on International student Cell website www.scie.ac.in before SNAP Test online registration.
- No any changes acquire in the SNAP online form after the closing date of SNAP registration.
- Symbiosis Test Secretariat will not hold information about the Institute shortlist policies / process and declaration of lists and GD/PI process. Candidates should contact to respective institutes for the same.
- Symbiosis Test Secretariat will not be held responsible for non-delivery or any delay on the part of Courier / Postal Services.
- SNAP Registration Fee is non-refundable. No claim for refund of the SNAP Registration fee will not be entertained for any reason.